Friday, October 5, 2007

Adventures in Zambia

Well, I am still in Lusaka. I should have been in Livingstone today, but I got Malaria. I am just staying a couple extra days here until I recover in full. I feel fine and the medicine is working well. Fortunately, I was diagnosed the first day and got the medicine right away. The people here are taking care of me and I am just resting while my body recovers. God has really sustained me through your prayers. Thank you.
As for the rest of my time in Zambia, it has been wonderful! I have been preaching, evangelizing, and doing ministry all day here. I used some of the money that was given to me for Bibles to purchase 43 Bibles for the pastor I have been with to give to his people. I've never seen anyone so excited as when I told him that I would help him by Bibles for his people. We got them in English and three of the local languages. I have been greatly inspired by his ministry, humility and faith. He has taught me many things. His name is Pastor Tobias Kafumokache. It has been a real honor to serve with him and his Assemblies of God church. Well, thank you for your prayers and support because God is protecting me here. God bless you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have all the church praying for you baby! I love you and I know the Lord has healed you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, this is pastor eddie. I'm so glad your are doing much better and the medicine is working. I'm always praying for you!

Pastor Eddiel

Anonymous said...

HEY ERIC! ITS GABY R, I REALLY MISS U HERE IN CALIFORNIA..I HOPE THAT U ARE HAVEING AN AWSOME TIME OVER IN AFRICA! WE R PRAYING 4 U HERE FROM UR SICKNESS'S THAT U HAVE AND THAT GOD IS GOING 2 HEAL EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM! I WANTED 2 ASK U SOMETHING....I AM THE VP OF A CLUB IN MY SKOOL CALLED "ICU..INVISIBLE CHILDREN UNITED" AND I WAS WONDERING IF U COULD BE A SPEAKER AT OUR CLUB..CAN U MESSAGE ME AT gabyruano91@yahoo.com, THANK YOU SO MUCH..IF U CANT MESSAGE ME CONTACT ME THROUGH YERLING, THANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS U..TELL THE KIDS OVER THERE I SAID HEY AND THAT GODS WITH THEM! (EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT KNOW ME! HAHA)

Dave Weidlich said...

Eric,
Rest up. Take your time. Malaria is bad, I hear. We prayed for you in church and continue now. I pray that even in weakness, God will use you in strong ways.
Pastor Dave